Then it dawned on me , Well there aren’t any Union Jacks . There were collections of major European flags and major South American flags . I also noted that on the city tour they mentioned several people who had stayed at various hotels/ places etc . But no English mentioned . Mandela , The pope … Sean Connery got a mention .
It started in Buenos Aires where I met up a gentleman who helped me get a sube card . We met at the Obelisk and spent some time together . The coincidence is that I met him again a good 6 hours later in a different part of town . From Cordoba , a psychologist cool person nice meetup . At Plaza de Mayo , some Argentinan tourists mum and two girls ask for directions which I could help . But then entered inn no to conversation as the daughter was going to London to study . Overhearing our conversation were two 20 something year olds from the suburbs ( long way away ) of Buenos Aires but tourist here . They wanted to chat to me to practise English and to find out why and what did I think . But no photos of the people above . So ……… the photos ….. One of the gauchos coming off the dance floor at Feria matadores admiring the fact I was eating Locra . The Handkerchief is so important . https://turismo.buenosaires.gob.ar/en/otros-establecimientos/feria...
Mate - a bitter tea . Argentinas carry hot water thermos on hikes and stop to share mate . We are sharing mate here on our last stop before San Martín . Here the sharer is Fernanda. The sharer passes it to a person who takes 2/3 sips through a metal straw . The sharee returns the mate to the sharer who tops up with hot water from the thermos and either sips him/her self or passes to the next sharer . Here we are sharing mate as we wait in the lake ferry terminal . The sharer is Daniel The sharer is Daniel who is topping up the mate from hot water from his flask, All uses are via the same mate straw. It a lovely sense of community and sharing . Not that I've had an Indian peace pipe but feels like that sort of occasion. This was frequently seen to top up thermos flasks . In shops or kiosks . The following photos show mate being shared on the beach , in the street . People have soecial Made bags to carry the flasks . I’ve check...