Tambo Morgan y Puerto Tombo
Luis in concierge at my habitación en Esquel asked about my name and where I was from .
He remarked that there was a place in Trelew when he was growing up known as Tambo Morgan . It was a farm where they would go and buy milk . Señor Morgan was a Welshman and always worling until he was very old .
I asked him what Tambo meant , he thought it was a Welsh word so he didn’t know . So I guessed it was mapuche but he said that in this area the indigenous people were Tehuelches. Mapuche were more Andes and Chile.
https://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tehuelches
On my return a good few hours later , Luis was still there with a note for me . Tambo was from Queeche the language from Peru and means Yard.
So Tambo Morgan means Morgan’s yard . I like that I might adopt that … an obituary maybe . Thanks
Puerto Tombo is something totally different. A area that I went to , to see the Magellan pingüinos . Amazing place and I always associated
Penguins with snow and ice and white backgrounds. Who’s been teaching me ? They live in this heat and as it’s gets to autumn/winter they migrate north towards the Brazilian coast to feed and enjoy the warmer seas.



